According to surveys carried out by the Osservatorio Congressuale Italiano, ca. 97% of congressional events held in Italy are attended by less than 300 participants.
Salerno is the ideal location for this event typology because
- is the capital city of an extraordinary province rich in unique natural, cultural and historical sites, and the inscription in the UNESCO World Heritage List of the Amalfi Coast with its gems Ravello, Positano and Amalfi (1997), and of the National Parks of Cilento and Vallo di Diano with the archaeological sites of Paestum and Velia and the Certosa di Padula (1998) is a clear confirmation of it;
- witnessed the allied landings in 1943 and became capital of the Badoglio government in 1945;
- was seat of the Salerno Medical School, estabilished in X c.;
- of its warm Mediterranean hospitality;
- internationally renowned architects like Bohigas, Hadid, Fuksas, Chipperfield and Scarpa are re-defining its urban profile;
- supplies a range of refurbished and new hotels which are the most appropriate location for small- and- medium size events in a friendly atmosphere;
- is strategically positioned and is just 30-90 minutes far from Pompei, Sorrento and Capri;
- is only 50′ far from the international airport in Naples and is easily accessibile by motorway and railway ;
- displays a pleasant way-of-living thanks to the wonderful sea-promenade , the relaxing green of the Villa Comunale and the lively night-life in the old town;
- enjoys a mild climate all over the year.